Crain is seeking a full-time Senior Traffic Engineer to assist in managing projects and junior staff workload and performance, with the ability to have full technical responsibility for project deliverables.
- Application of diversified knowledge of transportation engineering and design principles across a broad range of projects
- Provide roadway and intersection design guidance and support with responsibility for all aspects of project and client management, project development, business development and mentoring and guiding junior level staff
- Orchestrate project teams of various sizes and skills and manage staff and subconsultants across multiple offices and locations
- Be responsible for quality assurance and quality control through the development and review of construction plans, specifications and estimates
- Interface with clients and look for and create opportunities to take on additional responsibility as you manage your own career path
- Represent clients and the firm at project meetings, open houses and/or public hearings
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimates to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Evaluate designs or specifications to ensure quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- California PE license (Traffic) required with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- The position requires a person with a strong knowledge of traffic and civil engineering concepts and proficiency in CADD applications such as AutoCAD, AutoDesk Civil 3D, MicroStation, Inroads, and Bluebeam Software
- Due to the nature of this job, travel to other offices will be required from time to time as well as overtime assignments during evenings and/or weekends
Crain is an equal opportunity employer and offers advancement opportunities, and a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Traffic Engineer in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.